It's sort of like Bruce Banner becoming the Hulk--super scary & completely involuntary. No matter how hard I try to improve, these epic episodes of anger just come out. I always have the same reaction as Bruce when these episodes are over--bewildered regret. I'm not sure my remorse makes the
Coffee used to be the only antidote to my morning mayhem--that is, until I got a little devious & made breakfast creme brûlée. That's right--creme brûlée for BREAKFAST! Not only does it undo my Hulk-ness, but it also puts a smile on the faces of people left in the wake of it.
If you can relate to my alter-ego situation in the mornings, I know you'll love it as much as I do!
- 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves (or any other types of jam/preserves--I think raspberry jam, strawberry preserves, or even lemon curd would be fantastic!)
- 1/2 cup vanilla bean Greek yogurt (I tested with Cabot)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado (sugar in the raw)
- Place oven rack to highest position & preheat broiler to high.
- Scoop preserves into an oven-safe ramekin
- Top preserves with yogurt. Level yogurt by spreading with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle turbinado evenly over the top of yogurt.
- Place ramekin on the top rack of oven. Broil for 4-8 minutes, or until browned. Cool & serve.