Just a disclaimer: I. HATE. MAYO. With gusto. Just the sound it makes when it comes out of the jar is enough to make me gag. There are two exceptions to this rule:
- BLT sandwiches.
- Mexican street corn.
I don't know if they actually serve this corn on the streets of Mexico, but if they do, just book me a one way ticket.
These beauties are showstoppers. They're big on both flavor & presentation. And they've just got to grace your table at your next get together. I'm obsessed. And your guests will be too.
- 4 Tbsp light mayo
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (the authentic recipes call for queso fresco--which is great too!)
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Combine mayo and chili powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut butter into tablespoon sized portions. Cut each tablespoon into 4 cubes.
- Lay out 4 pieces of aluminum foil and place 1 ear of corn on each. Lay 4 cubes of butter next to each ear of corn. Wrap tightly.
- Grill corn for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove corn from foil packets and place on a platter. Spread chili mayo over the tops of the corn. Sprinkle with cilantro & parmesan. Serve immediately.